Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Even though it may sound strange, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil adds an exquisite new dimension (and amazing flavor) to fried eggs.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add 4 teaspoons of oil to pan and swirl to coat.
- Place eggs in carefully and cook until the white has become solid, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle the eggs with salt, pepper, and about a tablespoon of cheese for each egg.
- Swirl the remaining olive oil on the top of the cheese.
- Carefully turn eggs and cook until yolk is of desired doneness, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately. (Makes 4 servings).
these are different and strange, but GOOD! i love eggs, love parmesan, and love olive oil- so i figured i'd try this... and whaddya know!? yum! thanks for posting!
I used Omega Plus oil which is olive, avocado, and flaxseed oil. I used quite a bit for just one egg, and a generous sprinkling of parmesan. Easy and quite tasty!
These were fantastic! I served them on thily sliced and toasted Italian Bread and drizzled with the Olive oil. Thanks for a great recipe!