Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes a hearty and delicious breakfast. I call it a German omelet. You may substitute ham for the bacon. Feel free to add kale or beet greens or well-drained diced tomatoes to lighten it up a bit.
- Parboil the potatoes by first bringing a pot of of salted water to boil. Carefully drop the potatoes into the pot. Broil briskly, uncovered, until the potatoes are slightly resistant to piercing with a sharp knife. Be careful not to overcook the potatoes or they will be mushy in the final product.
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. With a slotted spoon or tongs, transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until they are soft and translucent. Turn off the heat and set the skillet aside.
- Drain the potatoes, cool to the touch, then dice them (about 1/2 inch square). Add them to the onions in the skillet and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, occasionally turning the potatoes with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, pasley, salt, and pepper with a fork until well mixed. Crumble the bacon and add it to the potatoes. Pour in the eggs. Reduce heat to low and cook undisturbed for 5-6 minutes or until the eggs are set, but slightly moist.
- To serve, invert onto a plate. Serve immediately.
I made this for dinner. I ended up kind of scrambling my eggs at the end because of the pan that I used. If I make this again, I think that I might increase the eggs or decrease the potatoes.
Nice breakfast, easy to make and filling. I don't care for onion so left it out, and I left the skin on my potatoes. I put a lid on the skillet after adding the eggs to help them get set on top. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for ZWT6, Zwizzle Chicks
A good filling breakfast with lots of flavor. :) Made as written plus adding 2 additional eggs. It did take a little extra time for the eggs to set so I flipped it over to help finish the egg mixture. Next time I would transfer the skillet to a heated oven to set the eggs. Thanks! *Made for Seasoned Sailor and his Sassy Sirens ZWT 6*