Recipe by Denise in NH
I was searching through an old recipe box that I have had for 30 years or more. I came upon this recipe that I must have copied out of a magazine. I decided to give it a try last night and it was really very good. Would also be a good brunch dish. I made the recipe as written, but next time I make it, I will probably add some garlic and maybe some crumbled bacon. A very easy dish to throw together.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 6 hard-boiled eggs (chopped)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease (or spray with cooking spray such as Pam) a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Prepare spaghetti as label directs; drain and place in baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in 3 quart saucepan add the butter and when melted add chopped onions an cook till tender, about 5 minutes; stir in flour until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk and cook stirring constantly until mixture is thickened; stir in chopped eggs, mushrooms, bouillon, salt, pepper and paprika till well blended.
- Pour egg mixture over hot spaghetti; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes until cheese melts and mixture is hot.