Recipe by strangelittlebeast
Another version of avocado stuffed eggs that I like to make.Finely diced tomato or jalapenos make nice garnishes in place of the cilantro.I don't think guacamole should usually be made with pickled chiles,but in this recipe it adds a nice flavor similar to cucumber pickles used in deviled eggs.Both ways are good.Very easy and delicious!
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 medium Hass avocado
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 serrano chili, finely minced (fresh or pickled)
- 2 teaspoons white onions, finely minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 teapoons fresh cilantro, minced or 12 whole cilantro leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the eggs in a medium pot and cover with water.Place over medium heat and bring to a hard boil.When the water boils,cover the pot and remove from heat.Let the eggs sit,covered,for 12 minutes.
- Rinse the eggs under cold water and peel.Cut them in half,lengthwise and scoop out the yolk.
- Mash the avocado with a fork,add lime juice.Mash the yolks with a fork and add to the avocado.Add the rmaining ingredients and season to taste.
- Restuff the eggs and garnish half with cilantro leaves.
- Best served immediately or you may keep them covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.