Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Southern Living.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3⁄4 cup fresh crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup minced celery
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise; carefully remove yolks and mash; set egg whites aside.
- Combine egg yolks, crabmeat and the next 5 ingredients; stirring well to combine.
- Spoon mixture into egg whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
This is a winner. A friend is also making it for Easter and she added a dash of Tabasco. Loved the addition of Tabasco. I was able to get some very fresh Jumbo Lump so I used that.
I've made similar to this. An easy way is to place the yolks and other additives in a relosable plastic storage bag to mix. Massage until mix is uniform, cut a corner and squirt into the whites, then discard the emptied bag.