Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a favorite of a local dentist that was printed in our newspaper back in 1989. Simple, hearty and delish!
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter and mix in flour til smooth.
- Gradually blend in milk, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring until thickened.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Gradually mix in chopped eggs and bacon.
- Serve hot over biscuits, English muffins or plain toast.
Very good, hearty breakfast. It was something different that plain old bacon and eggs or a breakfast sandwich. It was pretty easy too. as I used real bacon bits. If you used cooked sausage, it would kind of be like a biscuit and gravy breakfast. That is what I will try next time.
This was a Christmas brunch item and it was delicious! The only changes I made were to saute some minced green onions and sliced mushrooms before adding the flour and milk. I also kept the bacon aside to add as desired (for the vegetarian in the bunch). Served over English muffins. Everyone ate and enjoyed this. For something so easy, it really brings on the flavor. Thanks!
This is a quick, easy meal that tastes elegant. I halved the recipe and made it for 1 serving (myself, for a light supper). Served it on a split, toasted English muffin. My mother used to make a sauce for salmon loaf that was very much like this (without the bacon). Brought back memories. Made for TOP FAVORITES of 2009 COOKBOOKS TAG GAME.