Recipe by sasha's kitchen
I got this recipe from a Mexican cook book by Jane Milton,there are many variations on this popular dish,which is great for breakfast or brunch.the combination of creamy eggs with onion,chile and tomatoes works wonderfully well.
- tortilla chips, warm
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 2 jalapeno chiles, trimmed and deseeded
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, deseeded
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 158.51 ml light cream
- 1 small bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- heat the oil in a frying pan,saute the garlic and scallion until soft,about 2 min,stir in the diced tomato and fry for another 3 min,stir in chiles and fry for 1 more minute.
- pour the eggs into the pan and stir until they start to set,stir in the cream and chopped cilantro,arrange the tortilla chips on the plate,spoon on the eggs,serve immediately.