Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a Mexican cook book by Jane Milton,there are many variations on this popular dish,which is great for breakfast or brunch.the combination of creamy eggs with onion,chile and tomatoes works wonderfully well.
- tortilla chips, warm
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 jalapeno chiles, trimmed and deseeded
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, deseeded
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup light cream
- 1 small bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- heat the oil in a frying pan,saute the garlic and scallion until soft,about 2 min,stir in the diced tomato and fry for another 3 min,stir in chiles and fry for 1 more minute.
- pour the eggs into the pan and stir until they start to set,stir in the cream and chopped cilantro,arrange the tortilla chips on the plate,spoon on the eggs,serve immediately.
Eggs Rancheros was one of my DH favorite dishes out at Mexican restaurants. Very nice recipe. I chose you and this recipe for PAC 2012. Thank you for sharing.