Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
This recipe was created because I had left over ranchero sauce from Steak Rancheros (Steak Rancheros). Makes a super simple but delicious breakfast/brunch or light supper. Basically poaching eggs in a savory sauce.
- 118.29 ml Mexican red sauce (Steak Rancheros more or less)
- 1 taco shell (broken in half)
- 14.79 ml cheese (grated)
- 2 eggs
- Heat sauce to simmer in small non stick skillet.
- Meanwhile place cheese on shell and toast until cheese is melted.
- Break two eggs, separating them, into simmering sauce.
- Cover and cook until set (I like the yolk slightly runny). Approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Place cooked shell on place. Top with eggs and sauce. Season if needed but sauce is already seasoned.
Made a great brunch for me today before I ran out the door! I didn't have a taco shell, so used a whole grain tortilla and put in a 350* oven for about 10 minutes to crisp, simmered the egg in salsa, and used mozzarella cheese. So good and easy too! Thanks Vicki! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag.