Top Review by Sharon123
Made a great brunch for me today before I ran out the door! I didn't have a taco shell, so used a whole grain tortilla and put in a 350* oven for about 10 minutes to crisp, simmered the egg in salsa, and used mozzarella cheese. So good and easy too! Thanks Vicki! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag.
- 1⁄2 cup Mexican red sauce (Steak Rancheros more or less)
- 1 taco shell (broken in half)
- 1 tablespoon cheese (grated)
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat sauce to simmer in small non stick skillet.
- Meanwhile place cheese on shell and toast until cheese is melted.
- Break two eggs, separating them, into simmering sauce.
- Cover and cook until set (I like the yolk slightly runny). Approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Place cooked shell on place. Top with eggs and sauce. Season if needed but sauce is already seasoned.