Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful brunch casserole that will have everyone licking their lips.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small breakfast sausage links, cut up
- 8 slices bread, no crusts, cubed
- 3⁄4 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth (or white wine)
- Fry sauage.
- Grease 9 x 12 baking dish. Put bread on bottom. Add grated cheese, then sausage.
- Add milk to beaten eggs, salt, papper and mustard. Combine and pour over bread mixture. Put in frig overnight.
- Mix 1 can mushroom soup, drained mushrooms, and vermouth. Pour over 1st. mixture and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
I made this for some friends last weekend and it was fantastic. I did not have any canned mushrooms so I saute'd a pound of sliced mushrooms in butter.