Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This makes a really hearty breakfast or brunch dish for 2 but it can serve 4 comfortably as well. Another recipe from my Mom....she would serve this for dinner sometimes. This is fun to make when you have a little time in the morning.
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen creamed spinach
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, cut up
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Cook spinach according to package directions; keep warm.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/4-inch thick slices; place on a rimmed cookie sheet. Sprinkle with oregano and basil; dot with butter and sprinkle with 2 T. parmesan cheese.
- Broil tomato slices 6 inches from heat (if electric oven, leave door partially open) 2 minutes.
- Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan; reduce heat to maintain a light simmer. Break eggs, 1 at a time, into a saucer; slip eggs, 1 at a time, into water, holding saucer close to surface of water. Simmer 5 minutes or until done to your liking. Remove with a slotted spoon and trim edges, if desired.
- Top muffin halves evenly with tomato slices. Place a poached egg over tomato slices and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Top with creamed spinach and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Top with bacon and serve immediately.