Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Many people would think making homemade sausage is difficult. Not so when you have a package of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing and Seasoning Mix! The pork and apples in the sausage are the perfect companion to the ranch flavors. The Ranch sauce is also enhanced by using the Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix. I love how the cheddar cheese, spinach and yogurt work together to create the perfect accent for the homemade sausage. Whether it is breakfast, lunch or dinner, I think you will love this recipe!
- 1 cup diced apple (variety suitable for baking)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄3 cup finely diced shallot
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) package Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing and Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 8 slices fresh ripe tomatoes (thin slices)
- 4 bakery fresh biscuits
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine diced apple, ground pork, shallots, ground pepper and the Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing and Seasoning Mix, reserving 1 tablespoon of mix for the Ranch sauce. Mix until well combined. Form sausage mixture into 8 patties. Cook patties in a large skillet over medium heat until patties are no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook diced bacon until crisp. Remove bacon pieces from pan and place on a paper towel to drain. Reserve bacon pieces for garnish. Remove bacon grease from pan, leaving 2 tablespoons behind in the skillet. Over medium heat, add flour. Stir until a paste forms and cook for about 1 minute, or until mixture is thick and bubbly. Whisk in chicken broth and milk. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until mixture is thickened, whisking constantly. Add cheese and the reserved Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing and Seasoning Mix, whisking until cheese is melted. Next stir in yogurt and spinach leaves. Cook for an additional minute, remove pan from heat.
- Spray a non stick skillet with a baking spray and adjust heat to medium high. Gently crack eggs into pan. When bottoms of eggs turn white and opaque, add water. Place lid on pan to steam tops of eggs. Remove eggs from pan when they reach your desired yolk preference.
- To assemble, split open biscuit and place on serving plate. Next add a slice of tomato to each half, followed by the sausage patty. Spoon Ranch sauce on top of sausage, and then carefully top with egg. To garnish, sprinkle tops with bacon pieces.