Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
This is the Eastern version of Eggs Florentine-instead of a creamy sauce, there is the special flavour of mild spices.
- 6 eggs
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 tablespoon ghee or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash spinach thoroughly, discarding any tough stems, and cook the leaves in a little water in a covered pan for 10-12 minutes or until soft, then drain and chop.
- In a frying pan, heat the ghee or butter & fry the onion,garlic,ginger & cumin until the onion is soft and turning a gold colour.
- Mix in the chopped spinach and add the chili powder & salt & pepper.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl & season with salt & pepper.
- Pour over the spinach mixture in the pan, cover pan & cook on low heat until eggs are set.