Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Certainly not your everyday boring eggs.This recipe is based on a dish at International House of Pancakes called chicken fajita omelet. I have omitted the chicken, but this recipe is so flexible that you can always add or omit. Measurements are approximate.Possible add in's include grilled chicken, grilled steak, jalepeno peppers.
- 4 eggs
- 5 -6 medium mushrooms (sliced and diced)
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- butter (enough to saute veggies) or margarine (enough to saute veggies)
- salt and pepper
- sharp cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- Place enough butter or margarine in a large non stick frying pan to sauté the veggies on medium heat.
- Place veggies in in frying pan and stir ever so often to allow even cooking.
- Salt and pepper veggies to taste.
- Meanwhile combine all eggs in a bowl and whisk until well mixed.
- Make sure there is enough butter in pan for next step so that the eggs don't stick to the pan.
- Once veggis are brown and soft add the eggs into the frying pan and stir.
- Lower heat to a low heat.
- When one side is done carefully,flip to other side.
- You may need to cut eggs in half to flip egg.
- so that it doesn't crack and it will crack a bit.
- Once both sides are done, place on a dinner plate.
- Cover the top with a generous portion of cheese.
- Place in the microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute or until melted.
- Serve unto plates.
- Top with salsa and sour cream.
Excellent! Thanks for sharing.
Oh, these are divine! I'm on a food combination diet and these are perfect for a protein breakfast (lunch, supper, fill in the blanks). My only changes were to use haloumi cheese instead of cheddar and matbucha instead of salsa. But I loaded on the sour cream, and I have a delicious and decadent breakfast. Thanks Fifi!