Recipe by ~Nimz~
This is an excellent egg casserole for a crowd. Cook time does not reflect the time it takes to hard boil the eggs or cook the bacon.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
This was fantastic. I cut the recipe in half and it was the perfect amount for 4 people. My husband and I are visiting my parents for the weekend so I wanted to make them something special and a little different for breakfast. Everyone loved it. My mom was out of cream of mushroom soup so I used cream of chicken. Thanks so much for posting this delicious breakfast recipe. :)
- 18 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (I used Four Cheese Mexican)
- 8 ounces sour cream or 8 ounces mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (omit if using pepper Jack cheese)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 English muffins, split
- 16 slices bacon, fried crisp (2 slices for each serving.)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- black olives (optional)
- grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- mushroom (optional)
- crumbled bacon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Slice the eggs and layer them in the prepared pan.
- Combine the soup, milk, sour cream, garlic salt, kosher salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add 1 cup of cheese to the mixture.
- Mix well and spoon evenly over the sliced eggs.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly golden.
- Last 10 minutes of baking, sprinkle with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Place 2 slices of bacon, criss-cross over toasted and buttered English muffins.
- Cover with eggs mixture.
- Garnish with chopped green onion, black olives, grated cheddar cheese, or mushrooms, if desired.