Recipe by Carm'sLilCook
This Italian spin on a breakfast favorite is a perfect way to use up Monday leftovers from Sunday's tomato sauce. Quick and easy too!
Top Review by Bergy
Lovely Sunday Brunch. The photos do not do this delicious dish justice. I saved some meatballs from last nights dinner and added them to the pan too. Used Neerdammer cheese, hot salsa mixed with a BBQ sauce Delicious thanks Carm'sLilCook
- 4 -6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pam cooking spray
- 2 cups of your favorite tomato sauce (homemade or jarred, although homemade is obviously preferable)
- 1 (8 ounce) can white potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheese (to taste)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large skillet with Pam.
- Melt the butter using a low flame.
- If the potatoes are not already sliced, slice them prior to melting the butter.
- Add the potatoes and cook for about 3 minutes in the butter.
- Add salt and pepper to the potatoes.
- Increase the flame and add 1 and 1/4 cup of sauce and stir.
- When the sauce is heated crack the eggs into the skillet. I always push the potatoes and sauce around to make room for the eggs to hit the skillet directly and not land on potatoes or sauce. I also always drop the eggs so that they are not touching one another.
- Cook the eggs until desired doneness (I flip mine gently to cook both sides.).
- When the eggs have a few minutes left drizzle the remaining sauce over them and add some grated cheese.
- (I always use sauce that was made with fresh garlic and contains basil.).