Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My family loves to eat these potatoes (has since I was a lil' kid!) with fried chicken! Inez's fried chicken made me think of posting this recipe and I made it tonight with her chicken! cook time is an estimate... it can vary!
- 5 medium potatoes, diced sm/med
- 1.5 (4 ounce) cartons Egg Beaters egg substitute or 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced finely (optional)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- oil, for frying (enough just to cover bottom of pan)
- Add oil to large fry pan, and heat to med/high heat.
- Add potatoes and minced onion, being careful not to splash oneself with oil!
- Cook 5 minutes tossing frequently.
- Reduce heat to med and cook through, tossing often, but not constantly.
- Just when they are tender, add salt and pepper.
- When they begin to brown nicely, Add egg beater and mix thoroughly until egg is throughout potatoes.
- Keep mixing until egg is completely cooked.
- Remove from heat and serve!
I can honestly say that this recipe is fantastic. As the sister of love4culinary, I grew up with this dish as well and still make it often myself. I put ketchup on mine. Keep posting those great recipes kiddo.
This was a great simple side we served with grilled steaks. Great combination. I used real eggs and a whole small onion. Next time I will maybe use more onion (we love onion) and maybe even some cheese. I had to cook the potatoes for about 35 minutes. Thanks love! It was a good dish and it was a hit with the man too!
These were great I made them just for fun for my family one morning. I added a little chilli powder to add a little more flavor, but they're great by themselves.