Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
I always hated eggs until I was pregnant for the first time. My husband made this for me and I lived off of this for months!! I'm only going to do this for one serving since that is all I ever did.*edited* just to say that I completely agree with the reviewer -Lainie-, that using the lid on the pan vs. melting in the oven DOES work better. Thanks -Lainie-!
- Spray an oven safe pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add egg.
- After about 30 seconds add 1/4 cup of water to pan and cover.
- cook another minute or so.
- add slice of cheese and put in preheated 350 oven until cheese melts.
- add salsa verde and enjoy.
Top score - very tasty eggs. I made 2 changes - I used Lite Havarti cheese and I didn't have Salsa Verde so I used my regular red salsa- Lovely Sunday Brunch
I made this for breakfast and enjoyed it. Used extra sharp cheddar cheese. I really liked the use of salsa verde in this. Thanks for a super easy recipe.
This was great! Liked it as written. I will try next time with Stilton cheese for a different flavor. Thanks for posting!