Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is one of my favorite breakfasts. Really, it is sooo good and rather easy to make as well.
Make and share this Eggs Monterey recipe from Food.com.
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 slices bacon, cooked nice and crisp and crumbled
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, deviened, and finely diced
- 2 green onions, chopped fine
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, freshly grated for best flavor and texture
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- 1⁄2 avocado, sliced thin
- In a medium size bowl lightly beat the eggs with the half and half and salt and pepper-how ever much you prefer. You can always add more later if needed-however egg dishes imo taste bland if not enough salt is used.
- Put a large nonstick skillet over med-hi heat and add the butter. Let it get bubbling and then add the jalapeno and stir fry for about 1 minute,lower heat to medium and then add the eggs.
- Scramble the eggs til soft about 1-2 minutes. When eggs are almost set add the bacon crumbles and gently fold into the eggs. Remove from heat.This whole process from jalapeno to eggs being done shouldn't take more than 4 minutes or so.
- Gently fold in 1/2 the cheese and then sprinkle the rest on top and let sit til melted.
- Split the eggs evenly between 2 plates and sprinkle with green onion and top with 2 T salsa each as well as the avocado slices.
- We like to serve ours with sourdough toast and/or hashbrowns. A fruit salad also goes well with this.
This was great - served with some fresh sourdough bread toast for an unexpected brunch this morning. Thank goodness I had the ingredients on hand, although I used pickled jalapeno and a taco shredded cheese blend and the miracle of pre-cooked bacon that we keep in the freezer for emergencies... Made for PAC Spring '10