Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
I made this one night after finding nothing good in the fridge! Until I looked! Everyone loved this, and so simple!
- Boil water for poached eggs, adding a little vinegar.
- Preheat grill for cheese.
- When boiling, add eggs.
- Heat salsa in microwave for a minute.
- Toast bread.
- When eggs are to your liking, remove from water.
- Butter toast, spread a layer of salsa, top with poached egg, followed by a slice of cheese.
- Put under the grill until brown and slightly bubbled.
- Squeeze over prepared mustard and or tomato sauce.
- Beautiful and simple!
Very good ~ I love cheese and salsa with eggs. Due to the other reviewers' comments, I made this as follows: buttered the toast and topped with slice of cheese and broiled till slightly melted, then topped with the egg and then the salsa. I did not use the mustard or tomato sauce.
This was a little hard to get items to stay put, the salsa soaked into the toast, the egss kept sliding off the toast. Despite that, it had a good flavor, just messy.
Had a bit of bother keeping the salsa fluids from making the toast soggy, especially if left uneaten for some time, but otherwise tasty and healty. Liked it. Thanks.