Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but it is one of my favorite ways to use boiled eggs. Essentially deviled eggs kicked up a notch or two.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise, and scoop out yolks.
- Mash together the egg yolks, milk, garlic, parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mixture should be moist, but hold together.
- Stuff egg whites with yolk mixture, reserving about 2 Tbs. Do not mound yolk mixture too high in the whites. Set aside.
- Make dressing.
- Stir together the reserved egg yolk mixture, mustard, water and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Whisk in olive oil until it is a nice salad dressing consistency.
- Heat olive oil and butter in non-stick frying pan. When they foam up, add eggs, stuffed side down. Fry for about 2 minutes until the yolk mixture is nice and brown. The whites will not brown--just get rubbery if you overcook them.
- When done, remove to a serving plate and drizzle the dressing over. Serve warm.
I've made this before - I think it was on Food Network. Very simple and delicious.