Recipe by gross.s.e
I found this at eatingwell.com and really want to try it as soon as I get a chance. I was hoping that posting it here will increase the likelihood of me remembering that I have a recipe I want to try...
- 1⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb zucchini, diced (about 2 medium)
- 12 ounces plum tomatoes, diced (3-4)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced and divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 8 eggs
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large, straight-sided skillet or Dutch oven with 2 inches of water; bring to a boil. Add white vinegar.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in zucchini and tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in 1 tablespoon basil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, reduce the boiling water to a gentle simmer; the water should be steaming and small bubbles should come up from the bottom of the pan. Crack each egg into a small bowl and slip them one at a time into the simmering water, taking care not to break the yolks. Cook for 4 minutes for soft set, 5 minutes for medium set and 8 minutes for hard set. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to a clean kitchen towel to drain.
- To serve, top each muffin half with some of the vegetable mixture, an egg, a sprinkling of cheese and the remaining basil.