Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
One more thing out of the Bulgarian National Cuisine cookbook that I am planning to try. It comes from the region of Veliko Tarnovo. And it does sound appealing, doesn't it?
- Cut out the upper part (or lid) of the tomatoes and hollow them.
- Drain any excess juice, sprinkle with salt and put the tomatoes in a greased pan.
- Divide the butter into 10 pieces; place one in each tomato and break an egg over it.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at medium temperature.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with cheese and black pepper.
Very easy to make and a big hit with the children in the house. Tastes good too. Was a great addition to a slap up meal for a Saturday evening - perfect for when you don't really want to cook.