1/6 Photos of Eggs in Tomato Cases
A great easy breakfast dish. Great on toast, muffins and a makes a great breakfast especially served with bacon. Note-- Large tomatoes must be used or egg will spill out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the tops from the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds. Drain tomato cases well, cut side down on absorbent paper.
- 2Place 1 teaspoon of cheese into each tomato case and sprinkle with parsley, salt and pepper.
- 3Break an egg, one at a time into a small bowl or small jug -- but be sure not to break yolk, slip one egg into each tomato case, place a knob of butter on top of each egg and bake at approx 350dg for 20 minutes or until egg has set to your preference.
- 4Remove from oven and serve sprinkled with extra parsley.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggs in Tomato Cases
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.0
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 388.1 mg
- Sodium 278.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 16.6 g