Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
this recipe was a favourite when I was little, my gran used to make it and it was devourd in no time. It looks great for a party too
- 4 slices bread, cut about 3-inch thick
- 4 eggs
- spinach (pureed)
- 3 potatoes, cut into straws and boiled lightly
- boil eggs for 5 min and carefully peel in a basin of cold water.
- make a hole in each slice of bread and fry in hot oil.
- place on an ovenproof dish and inside the hole add the spinach puree and placed on top of the spinach.
- place the "straw" potatoes in the shape of a nest.