Recipe by christiandecker
This meal consists of everything you enjoy eating for breakfast plus pasta sauce. Also I suggest serving it over a pasta.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons harissa or 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium jarred roasted sweet peppers, small dice (about 1 cup)
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes, with juices
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 4 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. When it shimmers, add onion and cook until just softened, about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, harissa, and garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add peppers and stir to coat. Add tomatoes and salt and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in half of the parsley, break the eggs over the tomatoes. Cover and continue to cook for about 7 to 8 minutes, until the eggs are set. Sprinkle remaining parsley, season with freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately with pita bread or baguette.