Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I know that there are other recipes on here with this name but none of them are like this. This is a easy goto for hubby and me when I dont feel like cooking. I often serve this with a type of sausage on the side(chicken apple, Kielbasa, Chorizo). I like this too becuase you can change the flavors a little.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Stir 1 egg in a large bowl to blend. Mix in the potatoes and the flour. Using a generous 1/2 cup of potato mixture for each, form the potato mixture into pancakes (you should only get 4).
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan. Fry the pancakes until they are golden brown, about 2 min per side. Place on paper towels to drain. Keep pancakes in oven to keep warm. Pour oil off pan.
- Heat the pan. Cook eggs to taste, either with yolks runny or hard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce onto 4 plates (or double up on 2). Place a pancake atop the sauce. Top each pancake with a fried egg. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
The flavors are great, I really didn't know what to expect with the potatoes, tomato sauce and eggs, but it turned out to be a great combination. I used left over Country crock mashed potatos which caused me to have to add more flour(they were creamier then homemade mashed potatos), but that was not a problem. Thanks for this great recipe!