Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this yet. The recipe came from the Clean Home Journal Website. It is a pretty simple recipe with impressing results. They would be pretty for a brunch.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 10 ounces ham, black forest cut slightly thinner than a slice of American Cheese (12 slices of meat total) or 10 ounces virginia smoked ham, cut slightly thinner than a slice of American Cheese (12 slices of meat total)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill, use 1 1/2 teaspoons or 2 tablespoons chives, if using dried herbs, use 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 12 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- Position one baking rack in the middle of the oven & preheat to 400 degrees F. Using a pastry brush & the melted butter or margarine, generously coat the inside of all 12 cups in a standard-size muffin tin.
- Fit 1 slice of ham into each cup, pressing down to gently line the cup. The ends will stick up over the edges of the cups before cooking. (The ham shrinks during baking resulting in a more cup-like appearance.).
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of maple syrup into the bottom of each ham cup, followed by 1/2 teaspoon of dill or chives. (If using dried herbs, use 1/8 teaspoon.) Crack 1 egg into each ham cup.
- Bake until whites are cooked and yolks are firm, about 20 minutes If any large bubbles form on the eggs during baking, pierce them with a toothpick or wooden skewer while they cook.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and season eggs with salt and pepper. Using 2 teaspoons or small spatulas, carefully lift the full ham cups out and place them on a serving plate. Garnish with fresh herb sprigs if using. Serve immediately.
These were delish. I made them last year for Easter brunch, and came back to find the recipe again for this year. It's very easy to prepare and to serve.
What a great way to serve breakfast or brunch! It so tasty and makes a GREAT presentation. EVERYONE loved it and asked for the recipe. Thanks for sharing a great recipe,Shani-Bani.