Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
German herbed eggs; easy cold egg dish.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dill, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chives, minced
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, minced
- 9 eggs, hard boiled
- Mix mayonnaise, sour cream, and lemon juice.
- Add salt, pepper, and dill.
- Mince one of the eggs very fine.
- Mix into the mayonnaise mixture.
- Blend the chives and parsley into the mayonnaise; mix well.
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half.
- Cover with herb mixture.
I loved this recipe and so did my sis. It has a very nice, fresh, herby taste and such a creamy texture. YUM! The herbs paired so nicely with the fresh eggs, this would be the perfect light easter dish.
I used yogurt instead of the sour cream and mayonnaise as thats what I had on hand and it worked out nicely. I cant have lemon, so I used a bit of vinegar to make this acidic. Ill certainly make this again.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper, Dienia!
Made and reviewed for WTTM February 2012.