Recipe by Mercy
I remember helping my Mom making these when I was little. I have always liked the combination of bologna and eggs. This is a simple little breakfast that low carbers can appreciate too. For some variety, cheese can be sprinkled over the top or the eggs can be whisked with onions, peppers, etc. before filling the cups.
- 6 slices bologna
- 6 eggs
- 6 teaspoons milk or 6 teaspoons cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the bologna in a skillet until the center puffs up, about 1 minute (Mom always called them bologna hats or sombreros).
- The microwave works also, but keep an eye on them so you don't end up with bologna jerky.
- Insert the bologna cups into the cups of a lightly greased muffin tin.
- Break one (1) egg into each bologna cup and top each egg with 1 teaspoon of milk.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bake at 375°F about 15 to 20 minutes or until the eggs are set.