Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I remember helping my Mom making these when I was little. I have always liked the combination of bologna and eggs. This is a simple little breakfast that low carbers can appreciate too. For some variety, cheese can be sprinkled over the top or the eggs can be whisked with onions, peppers, etc. before filling the cups.
- 6 slices bologna
- 6 eggs
- 6 teaspoons milk or 6 teaspoons cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- paprika (optional)
- Fry the bologna in a skillet until the center puffs up, about 1 minute (Mom always called them bologna hats or sombreros).
- The microwave works also, but keep an eye on them so you don't end up with bologna jerky.
- Insert the bologna cups into the cups of a lightly greased muffin tin.
- Break one (1) egg into each bologna cup and top each egg with 1 teaspoon of milk.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Bake at 375°F about 15 to 20 minutes or until the eggs are set.
This combination is one of my DH's favorites so I was excited to make it for him. We had it for dinner tonight, he works nights so dinner is his breakfast. It was a huge success and requested to be a regular around here. :-) SO easy and tasty I thank you for sharing!!
I'm almost embarrassed to say this recipe has been on my "want to make list" for over 6 years -- but finally, I made them this morning. When I first saw the recipe and photo, I thought "oh, how cute." The cups are adorable and the cuteness factor rates a perfect 10! This is a great idea for preparing eggs, and they taste so good. They couldn't be easier to make and look very special on the breakfast table. The paprika it a colorful finishing touch for serving and I wouldn't skip that spice. Instead of salt/pepper, I sprinkled the eggs with Rita~'s Green Herb Seasoned Salt (Green Herb Seasoned Salt). This recipe is a gem, thank you.