Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
In their own bed, not in yours, although you can eat them in your bed, whatever floats your boat. Super easy, you don't even have to pre-heat the oven.
- Use 9 x 12-inch cooking dish.
- Spray the dish with cooking spray.
- Line bottom of pan with the bread.
- Butter the bread, then salt and pepper it.
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese on top.
- In a bowl, beat eggs then add an equal amount of milk.
- Pour over bread.
- Cover with tin foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, put in cold oven, then turn oven on to 400 degrees.
- Bake for an hour.
This was good but for dinner I felt it needed a little spark so I added 1 Tbl. mustard and 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce. That seemed to give it that little extra umph for dinner. It was an easy recipe and I thank you for it.
This recipe is ideal for a buffet, lunch, dinner or for brunch which is how I had it .Wonderful, do ahead, has eye appeal, easy to cut & serve and tastes delicious. I cut the recipe back to 2 eggs, baked in 400F for 30 minutes covered and 15 minutes uncovered. I used non stick foil to line the pan & for the cover. It is very satisfying and the 2 egg serving was more than I could eat. The bottom (I wish I had taken a ppicture of it) turned golden and it had a slightly crisp crust, the center was moist, the cheese turned a perfect color. I used a heat shield under it while baking. Mirjam this is one recipe that will be used over and over. I can also see many variations to it though why change something this good?