Recipe by JustJanS
This brunch or lunch recipe is from The Western Australia Potato Magazine
Top Review by I'mPat
This made a great brunch though next time I'll make sure I use a much bigger potatoe as I had a slight overflow on the egg but still very enjoyable. Thank you JustJanS, made as a recipextra in Aussie Swap #26 March 2009.
- 4 large potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped dill (or herb of choice)
- salt and pepper
- 4 small eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (or other sharp variety)
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven bake potatoes until tender.
- Cut top off potato (to form a lid).
- Scoop out flesh of potato leaving about 1 cm (just under 1/2 inch) of the flesh under the skin.
- Mix the flesh with sour cream, dill, and salt and pepper.
- Line each potato shell with some of the filling.
- Break an egg into each potato and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a 200 degree Celsius (400 degree Fahrenheit) oven until the egg is set, about 10 minutes suited us.
- I popped the lid in the oven for a couple of minutes to warm it through then served it on top the browned cheese.