This brunch or lunch recipe is from The Western Australia Potato Magazine
Make and share this Eggs in Baked Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Oven bake potatoes until tender.
- Cut top off potato (to form a lid).
- Scoop out flesh of potato leaving about 1 cm (just under 1/2 inch) of the flesh under the skin.
- Mix the flesh with sour cream, dill, and salt and pepper.
- Line each potato shell with some of the filling.
- Break an egg into each potato and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a 200 degree Celsius (400 degree Fahrenheit) oven until the egg is set, about 10 minutes suited us.
- I popped the lid in the oven for a couple of minutes to warm it through then served it on top the browned cheese.
This made a great brunch though next time I'll make sure I use a much bigger potatoe as I had a slight overflow on the egg but still very enjoyable. Thank you JustJanS, made as a recipextra in Aussie Swap #26 March 2009.
thought it was really good
This is a very easy to make dish with lots of flavour. I didn't have any sour cream on hand so used roasted garlic & aioli dip. This worked well. Although I had mine 'as is' I think they would also go well with some grilled bacon & tomatoes. Will make these often I am sure. Thanks Jan for another 'keeper'. :)