Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I think this is from an old cookery set that my mother used to collect in the 70's called Supercook. It's a delicious way to have eggs! I tend to add more seasoning but I've written the quantities as originally stated. My kids love this.
- 4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed and dried
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons double cream
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC; Prick the potatoes all over and place on the centre shelf of the oven and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove and cut off an inch from the top of each one; Scoop out the inside of each potato, taking care not to break the skin.
- Mash potato and butter; Add chives, salt, pepper and nutmeg; Stir in cream and beat thoroughly until well combined; Gradually beat in the eggs.
- Stuff each potato with the mixture, place in a baking dish and return to the oven; Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.