Recipe by Nif
This is a tasty recipe from Alberta Egg Producers. Enjoy!
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Its always fun to surprise DH with an unusual breakfast. He loved this concept and this breakfast. I didn't use large bakers. I used smaller baked potatoes that I had leftover from another meal. They held the egg just fine. I was a little worried that it wouldn't be filling, because they were small, but they were just right. I served with sausage patties and fruit. I think I might try using larger potatoes next time and and fill with a little cooked sausage, then add the cheese and egg. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 4 large baking potatoes, hot
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 8 eggs
- fresh parsley or chives, finely chopped, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out about half of the pulp from each potato half. Reserve potato flesh for another use - maybe mashed potatoes for dinner.
- Remove a thin slice of potato from the bottom to stabilize the potato, if necessary. Set potato shells in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle each cavity with salt, pepper and 1 tbsp cheese. Break an egg into each cavity.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until eggs are cooked as desired. Sprinkle with parsley or chives and pepper. Serve immediately.