Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Another tasty recipe from Alberta Egg Producers. You can also use a microwave-proof wide mug if you don't have a ramekin or custard cup. You can cook more than one at a time, just make sure that they have cooked through; they should need more time the more you are cooking. Enjoy!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 slice deli ham
- 4.92 ml green onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 29.58 ml low-fat plain yogurt or 29.58 ml low-fat sour cream
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 9.85 ml fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Spray a 10 oz microwaveable ramekin or custard cup with vegetable spray. Place ham slice in ramekin. Sprinkle with onion and 1 tbsp shredded cheese.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs, yogurt and pepper until blended; pour into ham cup in ramekin. Sprinkle with parsley and remaining cheese. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, turning it back slightly to vent. Microwave on medium-high (70%) for 2-1/2 minutes to 3 minutes or until cooked as desired.
- Remove from microwave but do not remove plastic wrap; let stand for 1 minute. Remove plastic wrap and serve.
I can see this dish making a fabulous breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner! In order to use up our ham, I put shaved pieces in the ramekin, rather than a slice, and I think for ease in eating right out of the ramekin with just a fork, I will continue to do that in future. I used just one extra large egg with only one tablespoon of fat free sour cream and omitted the parsley. My husband and I are so taken with your recipe#344386 Nif, that we drizzled it on the cooked ham and eggs, and that took the whole dish over the top.
Very delicious!!! My husband eats these all the time!
Quick and easy to put together and the DM thoroughly enjoyed. I only used 1 egg but kept all the other ingredients the same and went with the plain yoghurt option. Thank you Nif, made for Went to Market.