Recipe by ellie3763
- 4 slices bread
- 4 slices pre-cooked ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese (I recommend Baby Swiss)
- 4 large eggs, separated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly toast bread slices and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Top each slice of bread with a slice of ham; top ham with a slice of cheese.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a mixing bowl until fluffy and stiff peaks have formed.
- Mound egg whites attractively atop each slice of bread, forming a well in the center. Slide an egg yolk into the center of each egg white well.
- Place cookie sheet in the center of oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the egg whites are lightly golden and egg yolks are just set (egg yolks will be over-easy to over-medium in doneness).
- Remove cookie sheet from oven. Plate immediately and serve warm.