1/2 Photos of Eggs In a Basket
Gee Bee's Note:
I learned this recipe while I was taking a home economics class in high school (a long time ago). I have prepared these 'eggs in a basket' for my children for Easter fun when they were small. They are all grown up now and they still insist on the 'eggs in a basket' each and every Easter. My hubby really likes them too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the crust from each slice of bread.
- 2Lightly brush each slice of bread on both sides with the melted butter.
- 3In a large cup muffin pan, place and mould each slice of bread in individual cups.
- 4Break a fresh egg in each muffin cup.
- 5Add a pinch of salt and pepper to each egg cup.
- 6Add a dab of cold butter (or oleo) on top of each egg cup.
- 7Place in a pre-heated 350 degree oven until the eggs are done to your liking.
- 8Once the eggs are done, remove from oven let cool for a couple of minutes.
- 9Remove the egg baskets from the muffin pan and serve hot with your other favorite Easter foods.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggs In a Basket
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.0
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 216.5 mg
- Sodium 455.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 8.3 g