Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I learned this recipe while I was taking a home economics class in high school (a long time ago). I have prepared these 'eggs in a basket' for my children for Easter fun when they were small. They are all grown up now and they still insist on the 'eggs in a basket' each and every Easter. My hubby really likes them too.
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon oleo
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Remove the crust from each slice of bread.
- Lightly brush each slice of bread on both sides with the melted butter.
- In a large cup muffin pan, place and mould each slice of bread in individual cups.
- Break a fresh egg in each muffin cup.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to each egg cup.
- Add a dab of cold butter (or oleo) on top of each egg cup.
- Place in a pre-heated 350 degree oven until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Once the eggs are done, remove from oven let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the egg baskets from the muffin pan and serve hot with your other favorite Easter foods.
I have been eating them since I was a kid, a quick and easy breakfast. But its funny that my husband never heard of them. lol
i too made these in class and they are good when your in a hurry cause they are fast to make dont have to be watched that closely you can add chopped scallions and link sausage thats been microwaved a little alitlle butter on top of egg is good the can also be cooked longer til they are like hard boiled which is how boyfriend likes them
These were very easy to make and tasted GOOD . They baked up nice and crunchy on the outside with the nice soft egg in the middle !! I will make these again for my 2 nieces ! Thank You !