Recipe by Gee Bee
I learned this recipe while I was taking a home economics class in high school (a long time ago). I have prepared these 'eggs in a basket' for my children for Easter fun when they were small. They are all grown up now and they still insist on the 'eggs in a basket' each and every Easter. My hubby really likes them too.
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon oleo
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the crust from each slice of bread.
- Lightly brush each slice of bread on both sides with the melted butter.
- In a large cup muffin pan, place and mould each slice of bread in individual cups.
- Break a fresh egg in each muffin cup.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to each egg cup.
- Add a dab of cold butter (or oleo) on top of each egg cup.
- Place in a pre-heated 350 degree oven until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Once the eggs are done, remove from oven let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the egg baskets from the muffin pan and serve hot with your other favorite Easter foods.