Recipe by Kitty Kat Cook
This is more a creative idea than a recipe. I read this in a magazine when I was a little girl. This is excellent to do for breakfast with the kids. Use any holiday cookie cutter, like a heart for Valentine's, a ghost for Halloween, etc.... Add whatever you want into the scrambled egg, chopped peppers, tomatoes, use your imagination.
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices of thick sliced bread (white, wheat or of choice)
- 2 tablespoons butter (as needed)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped white onion (optional)
- salt and pepper
- assorted cookie cutter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large square skillet over medium heat. Cut out the middle of each slice of bread, with desired cookie cutter shape.
- Melt butter on skillet, place the slices of toast and you can just break one egg right into the cutout. As they cook, they'll attach to the toast. Turn and cook/toast on the other side. Duration depends on how you like your eggs cooked. Estimate 1-2 minutes on each side.
- If you want a scrambled egg, mix the 4 eggs add the cheese, onions, salt and pepper (or whatever you want)in a bowl and beat. Divide and pour this mixture into each slice of bread. Tip: I like to also toast the pieces of bread that come out.