Recipe by ~Nimz~
These are really good with just a touch of spice to them. The hash brown potatoes are nice and crisp and filled with a tasteful egg and cheese mixture with lots of tomatoes. Original recipe from my Southern Cooking book and altered to suit our taste.
Top Review by Starrynews
Delicious! Everyone enjoyed these quite a bit. I had hashbrowns that are kept in the fridge, so it made it even simpler to just pop them into the pan and into the oven. I have smaller muffin tin, so I made 12 and gave 2 out per person, which was perfect. Thanks for sharing!!
- 3 1⁄2 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed and as much moisture removed as possible
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 large eggs
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, drained
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped green onion (optional)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the hash brown potatoes, 1/4 cup vegetable oil,the beaten egg, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spray the muffin tins with cookng spray oil.
- Using a large 6 serving muffin tin, spoon about 1/2 cup into the bottom and pressing up the sides of each.
- Be sure the surface of each tin is covered well.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and add a little shredded cheddar cheese to the bottom of each tin.
- While the baskets are cooking, melt 1 tbls. of butter in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Whisk together the eggs, half & half and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the drained Rotel and crumbled bacon.
- Cook the eggs in the melted butter until set.
- Spoon cooked egg mixture evenly into each tin.
- Top with more shredded cheddar cheese.
- Return to the oven just until the cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with chopped green onion if using.