1/4 Photos of Eggs in a Basket
These are really good with just a touch of spice to them. The hash brown potatoes are nice and crisp and filled with a tasteful egg and cheese mixture with lots of tomatoes. Original recipe from my Southern Cooking book and altered to suit our taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed and as much moisture removed as possible
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 large eggs
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, drained
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped green onion (optional)
- cooking spray
- 1Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, mix the hash brown potatoes, 1/4 cup vegetable oil,the beaten egg, salt and pepper and mix well.
- 3Spray the muffin tins with cookng spray oil.
- 4Using a large 6 serving muffin tin, spoon about 1/2 cup into the bottom and pressing up the sides of each.
- 5Be sure the surface of each tin is covered well.
- 6Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Remove from oven and add a little shredded cheddar cheese to the bottom of each tin.
- 8While the baskets are cooking, melt 1 tbls. of butter in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- 9Whisk together the eggs, half & half and salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Add the drained Rotel and crumbled bacon.
- 11Cook the eggs in the melted butter until set.
- 12Spoon cooked egg mixture evenly into each tin.
- 13Top with more shredded cheddar cheese.
- 14Return to the oven just until the cheese is melted, about 3-5 minutes.
- 15Serve warm topped with chopped green onion if using.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggs in a Basket
Serving Size: 1 (1507 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.0
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 231.2 mg
- Sodium 472.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: