Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I've been trying to get more protein rich meals, but I really hate eggs. This is the only way I've come up with to eat them without having to add any carbs. Super simple and I can't taste the egginess at all. I use pancetta because it's really flavourful and the taste explodes in your mouth and covers up any egg taste, but I'm sure any type of meat would do. I make my own pizza sauce once in a while and then freeze them in ice cube trays. The 1/4 cup sauce is an estimate, you may want to adjust if it's a really thin watery sauce. Also, I'm sure salsa would work just as well.
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Add pancetta and pepper and cook until browned.
- In the meantime, break eggs into a bowl and whisk for 1 minute.
- Add pizza sauce to egg and mix well.
- Add egg mix to pan and scramble.
- I prefer to scramble as then it tastes more like a noodle or rice bowl. However, i'm sure you could also try it as an omlet, my egg cooking skills are rather basic, so I find scrambling easier.