Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chinese style meal, one our my favourites, not too heavy, and really easy.
Make and share this Eggs Foo Yung - Oz Style recipe from Food.com.
- Season the eggs, and beat in the five spice powder.
- In a wok, heat one tablespoon of oil and when quite hot, pour in the egg.
- Cook rather like an omelette, pulling the mixture away from the sides and allowing the rest to slip underneath.
- Cook egg until firm, tip out onto plate.
- Chop the omelette into small strips.
- Heat the remaining oil and stir fry the onion, garlic, capsicum and bean sprouts for about 2 minutes, stirring and tossing continuously.
- Mix in the rice and heat through, stirring well.
- Add the soy sauce then return the egg and mix well.
- Serve hot.
I liked this - it's way better than the egg foo yung I've gotten at Chinese takeout restaurants. It was a very straight-forward recipe, and I like the unusual preparation of the egg. I think it would benefit from some other vegetables to add color, and I might use a different (or additional) sauce next time instead of plain soy. I'll certainly be making this again. Thanks!!
A very nice easy enjoyable Asian meal. 5 stars for being quick and easy. Benefits from a little salt to set off the tastes.