Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chinese style meal, one our my favourites, not too heavy, and really easy.
Make and share this Eggs Foo Yung - Oz Style recipe from Food.com.
- Season the eggs, and beat in the five spice powder.
- In a wok, heat one tablespoon of oil and when quite hot, pour in the egg.
- Cook rather like an omelette, pulling the mixture away from the sides and allowing the rest to slip underneath.
- Cook egg until firm, tip out onto plate.
- Chop the omelette into small strips.
- Heat the remaining oil and stir fry the onion, garlic, capsicum and bean sprouts for about 2 minutes, stirring and tossing continuously.
- Mix in the rice and heat through, stirring well.
- Add the soy sauce then return the egg and mix well.
- Serve hot.
I liked this - it's way better than the egg foo yung I've gotten at Chinese takeout restaurants. It was a very straight-forward recipe, and I like the unusual preparation of the egg. I think it would benefit from some other vegetables to add color, and I might use a different (or additional) sauce next time instead of plain soy. I'll certainly be making this again. Thanks!!
A very nice easy enjoyable Asian meal. 5 stars for being quick and easy. Benefits from a little salt to set off the tastes.