Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is great for a brunch or for a holiday morning brunch.
Make and share this Eggs Florentine recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 lb pork sausage (breakfast sausage)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced (fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded or 4 ounces swiss cheese
- Cook the spinach according to package directions; drain well.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese in the bottom of a buttered 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish; spread the spinach evenly over the cheese.
- Cook the sausage in a skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble the meat; drain and sprinkle over the spinach.
- Saute mushrooms and green onions in butter in a large skillet until tender. Sprinkle the sauteed veggies over the sausage.
- Combine the eggs and cream, beating with a wire whisk until blended. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetable mixture. Top evenly with Swiss cheese; sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until set.
Loved this! Easy to put together and great for a special breakfast or brunch.
Love this flavor combination, makes a great brunch casserole. In our case, I made to freeze and take on a vacation with friends who "don't do breakfast." Thanks for sharing! Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game. Update 6/27/12: The squares made a 12-hour trip still partially frozen, and I swear they tasted better 2 days later than it did when I first cooked it. This will become a new vacation habit!
Very nice dish - the ingredients and flavors come together well, with a very nice presentation. Thanks for sharing! ZWT7