Did you know Florentine just means that there's spinach in it?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- 2Place the spinach in a large pot witih 1 inch of water over high heat. Cover and steam until the spinach is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain well. Squeeze the spinach to remove any excess water.
- 3Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until softened, about 2 minutes. Use a wooden spoon to stir in the spinach and cook just until heated through, about 3 minutes. Use a slotted sppoon to transfer the spinach to the baking dish.
- 4Spread out the spinach in an even layer. Using the back of a spoon, make 8 indentations in the spinach. Crack an egg into each indentation. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the cheese and crumbs evenly over the baking dish.
- 5Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the egg whites are white and firm. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggs Florentine
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.9
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 434.0 mg
- Sodium 615.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 26.0 g