Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great sunday brunch dish to eat while reading the papers.
- 40 g butter
- 1 kg fresh spinach, washed
- 2 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 6 large eggs
- 150 ml creme fraiche
- 50 ml double cream
- 40 g grated cheddar cheese
- 40 g grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 220°C.
- Melt half the butter and add damp spinach. Cover an cook until soft. Drain and add the tomatoes, nutmeg and seasoning.
- Use remaining butter to grease 6 souffle dishes. Divide the spinach into the dishes making a hole in the middle.
- Break an egg into each hole.
- Mix the creams together and spoon over the spinach. Top with the cheeses.
- Bake for 12 minutes. If desired the dishes can be finished under a hot grill for a crispy top.