Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve this elegant but easy dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen leaf spinach, thawed, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices bread, of your choice
- 8 large eggs
- Fill a skillet with 2 inches of water, add salt, then simmer.
- Meanwhile, cook onion in butter in a non-stick skillet until soft; add spinach, cream cheese and milk, cook until creamy, add salt and pepper, keep warm.
- Toast Bread.
- Break 4 eggs at a time into simmering water; cook 1 minute,loosen from bottom of pan with a spatula; poach for 3 to 5 minutes, to desired doness; remove with slotted spoon.
- Top toast with spinach mixture, followed by 2 eggs, repeat proccess until all servings are completed.
Was looking for an easy Saturday supper, this was it!! We loved them, I used spreadable herb & garlic no fat cream cheese and olive oil instead of butter, also used fresh spinach. Made the whole recipe of the spinach/cheese mix but just 4 eggs, one little addition, I added a slice of tomato on top of the spinach. Lovely quick supper, I will make these again, thanks for posting.
Prepared these for Sunday brunch. I cut the recipe in half reducing the eggs to 1 each. This recipe is quick and goes together easy. I served this on top of toasted English Muffin biscuits. I made this recipe even quicker by using my recipe, Microwave Poached Eggs #118761, and topped it off with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. The next time I make these, I will probably add some red pepper flakes to add a little zip.