Recipe by Barb G.
Serve this elegant but easy dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Top Review by mommyluvs2cook
Delicious! I did not do the poached egg. I always have so much trouble with them, and they end up not turning out, so I decided to save the experimenting for a different day, when I wasn't starving lol :)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen leaf spinach, thawed, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices bread, of your choice
- 8 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a skillet with 2 inches of water, add salt, then simmer.
- Meanwhile, cook onion in butter in a non-stick skillet until soft; add spinach, cream cheese and milk, cook until creamy, add salt and pepper, keep warm.
- Toast Bread.
- Break 4 eggs at a time into simmering water; cook 1 minute,loosen from bottom of pan with a spatula; poach for 3 to 5 minutes, to desired doness; remove with slotted spoon.
- Top toast with spinach mixture, followed by 2 eggs, repeat proccess until all servings are completed.