Recipe by English_Rose
Get creative with eggs. This baked dish with peppers, tomatoes, mushroom and sweetcorn is tasty, healthy and easy to make.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, skinned and sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, wiped and finely sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 7 ounces sweetcorn, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute until soft but not brown. Add the red pepper to the pan and fry for a further 10 minutes
- Stir in the tomatoes, mushrooms, parsley and seasoning and continue cooking until the tomatoes begin to soften. Stir in the sweetcorn and remove the frying pan from the heat.
- Pour the mixture into an ovenproof baking dish. Using the back of a spoon, make 4 small depressions in the vegetable mixture and break an egg into each depression.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until eggs have set. Serve hot with fresh bread.