Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This will add a little zip to your traditional Deviled Eggs.
- 12 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard or 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely minced celery
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives (to garnish)
- Place the eggs in a pan enough to hold them in one layer.Cover with water and place the pan over high flame.Bring to boil.Pull the pan off the heat.Cover and let sit for 12 minutes.Pour off the hot water and run cold water over the eggs to chill them.Peel and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the yolks,saving the whites and transfer the yolks to a large bowl.Mash the yoks with a fork and add the mayonnaise,mustard,celery,pepper and salt.Mash everything again and put the yolk mixture back into the whites. Garnish with chives and sprinkle with Creole season lightly.